Wednesday, February 26, 2014

What Do You Use?

Hello there!

I don't know about you, but I'm always interested in reading or hearing about what hair, toiletry, and beauty products other people use, so I thought I would share with you what I normally use on a daily basis.


Shampoo:

My shampoo is always changing. There are two that I have bought repeatedly, but other than that I don't really have any favorites. I like Herbal Essences a lot. Tousle Me Softly and Long Term Relationship are the two I've bought more than once. I like trying different ones though, if they match my hair type. I stay away from anything that says "volume" on it. I don't need to add any more volume to this vast mess of hair.
Herbal Essences just has a wonderful smell that stays with your hair, even several days after washing it. I LOVE IT.






Currently I am using Melaleuca's Affinia moisturizing shampoo. Robert's Mom has an account with them, so I was introduced to their products through Robert's family. I use a lot of their cleaning supplies. That is entirely a whole other topic, but I'll say this: They are a bit on the expensive side BUT they try to use natural ingredients in their products. And their stuff smells wonderful. Moving on.



 

Conditioner:

I've used it, but I haven't seen much of a difference. Plus, I try to keep it simple when it comes to my hair. I don't like spending a ton of time on it (except with different hair styles). Conditioner is just one more thing. When I have used it, I usually bought whichever one matched my shampoo.


Eyeliner:

I used to use the cheap eyeliner pencils at Wal-mart until I found Mary Kay's eyeliner. I'm in love with their bronze eyeliner at the moment. I just glides on so easily. I've tried all of their colors, except black, brown, and steely.





Eye Shadow:

I rarely wear eye shadow. But when I do, I use some of Melaleuca's Sei Bella colors.


I have their 'Ice' and 'Mermaid' colors.





Lip stick:

I don't really wear lip stick. It tastes nasty. Not that I'm trying to taste it, but you know...it just happens! I usually just stick with lip balm.

Chap stick/Lip Balm:

I love Skittles Strawberry Star-fruit lip balm! I wish I could buy it in bulk. I have tried all of the flavors but this one is my favorite. It smells wonderful!


 
 
 




I am currently using Melaleuca's Peach Mango lip balm....just because I'm out of the skittles.





I've tried all their flavors except peppermint, I think....

 




Deodorant:

This might be TMI for you guys, but I use Men's deodorant. It may seem weird to you, but it smells a whole lot better than anything I've found in the ladies section! It lasts longer too.
 I like Speed Stick's Ocean Surf. Unfortunately I discovered that my brother uses the same one, because when he was home for a visit, he accidentally used mine thinking it was his! EWWW, boy germs!




Toothpaste:

I believe I mentioned that I hate anything peppermint in my last post. Well, finding a toothpaste that doesn't have peppermint in it has been a nightmare. I've used TONS of different ones, but I've finally settled with Melaleuca's Cinnamon Tooth Polish, for now.




Hairspray:

I currently do not have a hairspray. I don't have any favorites either....I am open to any suggestions though!

Hair Color:

I love temporary hair color. I've been known to color my hair with markers. I have even tried the nasty smelling spray stuff that stores have around Halloween.
 I recently found one that doesn't smell too bad, and looks pretty good on my hair color. Blonde's would have better results, I'm sure, but I'm not blond and I don't think I ever will be. I like my hair color, and I don't want to permanently change it. Bleaching might help make the colors brighter, but I'm not up for doing that either...
So, here they are. Splat Washables. I think they only come in these four colors.....but I did try them and they DO wash out. I have only tried the blue so far, but I am planning to do a review on these in a later post.






Other random hair products:

I love the split end protector. My hair is just FILLED with split ends and breakage. This also helps with frizz. A remedy for all those short, broken hairs that like to stick up on top of my head.

The mousse makes loverly wavy hair and it looks (but doesn't taste) like whipped cream.



Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Split End Protector


Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse

 

 
 
 
Can you tell I love bright rainbow colors? That is what usually attracts me to the product in the first place....hehe :)
What do you use?
Let me know in a comment or in a blog post!

~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please don't be shy, comments make my day special and I'm always excited when I get one :) I try to reply to each and every one of my comments as soon as I can, so please, let me know you're there! You guys are important to me!