Friday, May 23, 2014

Our Wedding (Part 3) - The Ceremony Music

 
 
 
 
 
Hi!

I thought I would share the songs we chose for our wedding music with you guys :) I'll list the videos in the order the songs were played.

Here ya go...

The Prelude:


Romeo and Juliet Love Theme (A Time for Us)  from the 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet. I LOVE this movie. My mom went to see this in theaters with her sister when they were teens :)
Robert's sister played this on piano for our wedding.



The Islander (Instrumental version) by Nightwish. Robert's and my fave of their songs.




May It Be. Robert's sister also played this.



The Music of the Night from POTO. Unfortunately we couldn't get Gerard Butler to sing it for us.
Also played by Robert's sis.



Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up." He wasn't able to make an appearance either :P
Robert's sister played a lot of our songs...she's so awesome :)


Processional:



For the Seating of the Mothers we chose Gabriel's Oboe from The Mission.




For the procession of my attendants we chose For the Beauty of the Earth. I've always loved how they sang it at Meg's wedding in Little Women :)
Guess who played it? :D



I chose Pachelbel's Canon in D for my entrance.
She also played this one!



Our responsorial psalm was "Loving and Forgiving". I couldn't find a video I liked for that one.


Lighting of the Unity Candle:



Be Thou My Vision by Michel Card.
Robert's sister played pretty much everything except the recessional songs and some of the prelude music.


For the Offertory song we chose "Morning Has Broken". I couldn't find a good video for this one either, our version was NOT upbeat.


Communion:



What Wondrous Love is This.




In Christ Alone by Keith and Kristyn Getty.


Presentation of Rose to our Blessed Mother:



Ave Maria by Celtic Women.

Robert's step sister played violin for this with Robert's sis on piano.


Recessional:



The "Finale and End Title" from the Quiet Man.





"The Call" by Regina Spektor. I lovelovelovelovelovelovelove this song!



"To the Sky" by Owl City.




"Real Life Fairytale" by Plumb.




Guys, picking out songs for this day was extremely challenging. Robert and I like way too many songs and we're horrible decision makers. Thankfully we made our decisions in time for the wedding :D

Hope you enjoyed!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, you've got some really lovely music there. :)
    I know whenever I get married, it's going to be really hard for me to narrow down what music I want playing. Music is the best! My reception is going to have non-stop music going, most likely. :)

    Oh hey, I hope you had/have good luck on your drivers test! I'll totally keep you in my prayers for that. It's a scary thing! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like "Oooh I want this one....No! THAT ONE! Wait, wait, THIS one for sure!" throughout the decision making process :D It was HARD!

      Thanks heaps for the prayers! They certainly worked 'cause I PASSED MY TEST YESTERDAY!!!!!! *throws confetti*

      Delete
  2. I love most of those songs! (I need to listen to the ones I haven't heard when I have headphones. lol.) HAVE YOU SEEN THE QUIET MAN!?!?? I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, ISN'T IT JUST THE AWESOMEST, SWEETEST MOVIE?!?! IT'S WONDERFUL. I should have known you liked that one, with the boxing and all ;)

      Delete
    2. IT ISSS!!!!!!!!! XD And yes, I do like boxing a lot. It's bizarre.

      Delete

I love comments! Please don't be shy, comments make my day special and I'm always excited when I get one :) I try to reply to each and every one of my comments as soon as I can, so please, let me know you're there! You guys are important to me!