Thursday, March 27, 2014

My New Pair of Fingerless Gloves.

So not terribly long ago, Treskie, a fellow blog friend, had this brilliant idea to re-purpose some of her favorite socks, one of which regrettably developed a hole in the toe region. They are now a pretty cool pair of fingerless gloves.

She provided an awesome step-by step picture tutorial, which you can find here.

Now, I LOVE fingerless gloves. I have a few pairs that I've found at Claire's and I've attempted to crochet myself a pair (I believe I mentioned them in an earlier post). I didn't get very far. Yet! I haven't given up. The thought just never crossed my mind that I could turn a pair of socks into a pair of gloves. I'm just loving this! There are so many cute and colorful socks out there these days.

Fortunately I had a pair of socks that I loved, but didn't wear very often because of the length. These one's are quite a bit longer than the one's Treskie used, but I really like them. They keep my arms warm!




They go very well with my fedora.

Thanks for the tutorial, Treskie! I'm in love with my new gloves :)


Here are some random pictures of the month:

My Dad found this "Olivia" notebook for me! It looks great in the Phantom of the Opera room. I had been thinking of finding a cute notebook to write lyrics in, and I think this one fits the bill!

I'm in love.


I've been reading "The Faerie Path" by Frewin Jones lately and I was tickled to find that when I removed the dustcover, it looked really lovely on the inside!

Pretty colors! They make me happy.

Ta-ta and Cheerio! Have a lovely night or day wherever you are :)

2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhh. I like them lots!! They look great!

    The Faerie Path sound good. I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are perfect for the chilly weather we've been having here.

    It IS good. I've only read the first and second books so far, and they've both been pretty cool. Some parts can drag on a bit, but other than that I like them :) I mean, ANYTHING with faeries has to be good, right?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please don't be shy, comments make my day special and I'm always excited when I get one :) I try to reply to each and every one of my comments as soon as I can, so please, let me know you're there! You guys are important to me!