Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Things I've Been Obsessed With Lately...

I need to post something right now. I feel so behind!! June is pretty much over already and yesterday  I looked at my schedule for the rest of this month and almost passed out. June gets the prize for being the most insanely busy month this year yet! It's ridiculous. I hate being this busy.

If I don't have at least half of a day completely to myself just once a week, I get very agitated. It's not that I don't like people! I do! I just need that time to catch up on things, do something I like doing, reading, or just plain thinking. Now, I know I won't get this kind of time when I have kids, but I also (hopefully) won't be working when children pop into my life, so therefore I'll have more time just being at home. Which I don't get much of these days. That leads to me feeling like I'm behind on everything at home and then I spend all my free time doing house work instead of blogging or crafting :P I've been stressed out a lot this month and having frequent headaches, so blogging has been put on the back burner lately (as I'm sure you've noticed) and I'm not happy about it. So here I am.

I thought I would share things I have been obsessing about recently. Music, movies, books, etc. Am I the only person who has a specific soundtrack for each year?

For example, 2009 included:

-Pretty much the entire "Letters to the President" Hawk Nelson CD
-Just Dance by Lady Gaga (I'm sorry! It was catchy :P I changed the lyrics up a bit to make it better, okay?)
-Disturbia by Rihanna (Also needed some editing)
-Real Life Fairytale by Plumb
-Awake and Alive by Skillet
-Feel So Right by Krystal Meyers
-Barbie Girl by Aqua (Edited)
-Love Story by Taylor Swift
-Only You Can Love Me This Way by Keith Urban

And more, but you get the idea! These songs remind me of that year, so yeah they're my soundtrack :)

First, I'll do the music I've been obsessed with and singing ALL the time:


Pompeii by Bastille. This is my favorite song this year. I love it! I sing it with the accent...uh, yeah you get the picture.



Royals by Lorde. I couldn't believe it when I found out she is 17!!!! GAH! I need to up my game. She makes me feel old and unaccomplished ;)
I also like "Team" by her as well.


Happy - Covered by - Walk Off The Earth (feat. Parachute).

I LOVE WOTE! Every cover they do is better than the original and their own music is just awesome. Check them out! They've done covers of Somebody That I Used To Know, Royals, Say Something, Wrecking Ball, I Knew You Were Trouble,  Somebody Like You, Little Boxes, etc.



Let Her Go - Covered by - Jasmine Thompson. This girl is amazing. I also like her cover of Pompeii!!!


2nd: Movies I've Been Obsessed With

I haven't been watching many movies lately, but I did go see Maleficent in theaters a couple of weeks ago! I really liked it! I liked their take on Maleficent's story and it had a good ending :)





I loved this scene! ADORBS.

3rdly: Books I've Been Reading Lately (I'm not obsessed with any books at the moment)

I've been reading a lot lately. I finally made a trip to the library and have a nice stack of books by my bedside :) Right now I am currently reading "Sorcery and Cecila Or The Enchanted Chocolate Pot". I took your advice, Treskie! I'll let you know what I think of it when I'm finished :)

So I just finished this yesterday:


I liked it. It's taken me a loooong time to even request it, but I finally did it :) I didn't LOVE it though...it definitely has some adult parts in it (at the beginning) and I don't like sex in books, even if it's just mentioned. I like romance, but not that kind in books. (I'm not looking for any arguments here, this is just my opinion. As a Catholic, I try to stay away from that kind of stuff.) So yeah, that was a turn off but the book got better and I loved the characters! I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books :)


This one was pretty good too :) Although I feel the same way about this one, with the adult stuff in it (not much, but enough to make me hurl). I really liked the sisters' relationship in this story, very realistic :D And I liked the Red Riding Hood twist, anything similar to fairy tales is awesome :)


I really liked this one! I loved the plot, it wasn't predictable and it kept me guessing and that is ALWAYS a win with any book. No adult stuff that I can remember, so yes, a very enjoyable read. I even got a little emotional at the end, so definitely a plus! :D

I recently joined GoodReads, so if you are also on there send me a request or just check out my page to see what I'm reading!

https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/31767526-mary

So that's is what has been going on with me lately....I have a few more posts that I need to finish, so don't worry, you'll hear from me soon :)

P.S. I drove all by myself for the first time last week!!!! It was scary and liberating at the same time. Then I drove to the library and the recycling place the other day and discovered that my library has an adult summer reading program!!!!!! With PRIZES like a Kindle eReader! More incentive for reading this year :) YAY!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please don't be shy, comments make my day special and I'm always excited when I get one :) I try to reply to each and every one of my comments as soon as I can, so please, let me know you're there! You guys are important to me!