Cait and Mime @theNotebookSisters are throwing a week long Alice in Wonderland blog party to celebrate their blog's 3rd birthday (which I think is pretty awesome) and there are prizes to be won, fun to be had, and a good dose of madness all around! I'm doing this. I'm a little behind, but oh well! Better late than never. If you want to join, check out their post through the link above, link to their post, grab their blog button, and have fun!
|I don't claim to own this image.|
So for the first day they started with a Tea Party Blog tag:
1. Just Alice: What book cover(s) has made you super curious?
Poison by Bridget Zinn. I haven't read it yet, but I want to! The cover is pretty awesome and it's what drew my attention to the book. I'm hoping the book is as beautiful as its cover.
2. Mad Hatter: List the craziest character(s) you've ever read.
My mind has gone blank :P Okay,okay, I guess I can think of a couple.
Adeline and Emmeline in "The Thirteenth Tale" by Diane Setterfield. Crazy I tell you.
King Leck in "The Graceling series" by Kristin Cashore. He was creepily crazy, I didn't like him at all.
3. Red Queen, Off With Your Head! What book have you felt like beheading?
Julie and Julia by Julie Powell. I didn't even finish it I was THAT fed up. I wasn't expecting this book to have trashy stuff in it, because the movie was so cute and lovely, but I guess that proves how different books are from their movies. Yick. It was very behead-able.
4. White Rabbit: What books or series have been insanely popular but you've been "late" to pick them up?
Um....everything? :D I haven't been in the loop lately. I've been trying to read all the books I have in my bookcase that I haven't read yet, so trips to the library have been almost nil. But I did recently read the hunger games after they had been out for quite awhile.
5. Caterpillar: What's the most confusing book you've read?
Well, I might have to say Alice's Adventures in Wonderland because absolutely nothing made sense! And I just read it for the first time this year, so yeah. It's fresh in my mind and all.
6. Dormouse: What was the last book that sent you to sleep?
I seem to like falling asleep while reading any of the Lord of the Rings books. Maybe I was just too comfy, Idk.
7. Cheshire Cat: Book that made you laugh and smile?
The Penderwicks! I was smiling and laughing hysterically throughout :D
8. Knave of Hearts: Most recent character who stole your heart?
Percy Jackson? Idk. I was rooting for him and Annabeth, but I don't think he stole my heart...
9. Jabberwocky: Best villain you've read this year?
Count Olaf. Always has an evil scheme cooked up.
10. Down the Rabbit Hole: What's the latest book/series/author that's completely swallowed your interest?
Splintered and Unhinged have captured my attention and are on the top of my books to read next list!
Happy 3rd birthday Cait and Mime!!!!