Wednesday, March 18, 2015

St. Paddy's Day - Scones and Rainbow Stamps

Happy Day after St. Paddy's Day!!!!!!

I hope you enjoyed my week before St. Patrick's Day party! I had fun :) I also learned that I'm not great at posting daily, but hey, it's better than what I've done in the past! So long as I keep it up...hehe.

Anyways, here is the outfit I wore on St. Patrick's Day:


Plaid Shirt - Thrifted
Black T-shirt - Wet Seal
Black Cami - Maurices
Green Skirt - Thrifted
Flats - TOMS - Nordstrom.com
Shamrock Earrings - Claires
Celtic Knot Necklace - Irish Fest.

I love this combo! That shirt is my absolute favorite right now.

It looked warmer than it was :P Afterwards I went inside and put leggings on!




Has anybody tried this hairstyle? It's something I made up myself.
First you make two low pigtails. Then section the pigtail as if you are going to do a three strand braid. Individually braid each strand so that you have three mini braids and secure with small bands. Braid all of them together and secure with a large band. Remove small bands. Repeat with second pigtail.
Make sense?


My sisters have similar necklaces to this. My eldest has one with a shamrock and my other sister's has a Celtic trinity knot.
 
 
My shoes.
 
 
I made gluten and dairy free scones for the first time!!!!!!! They're amazing. Here is the recipe. I did make a few changes since her recipe wasn't dairy free. I used almond milk instead of regular and spectrum spread vegetable shortening in place of butter.  Robert is not allergic to eggs so I didn't bother replacing those. I also did not have the self-raising flour mix she used so I used my flour blend (brown rice flour, potato flour, and tapioca starch) + 2 tsp. of GF baking powder.
 
Topped with black current jam. YUM.
 
 
We went over to Robert's mom's house for dinner. She fixed corned beef with potatoes, cabbage and other veggies. A GF bread with pesto and manchego sheep's cheese. And some homemade coleslaw. It was gooooood.
 
 
Sooo. I did not have time to finish the Celtic craft I was going to share, so I will share this instead. Around this time last year, I bought this adorable little notebook from TangleCrafts on Etsy. IT'S SO COLORFUL I'M GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!! I love it. I turned it into an address book, so I guess you could call it a craft. Sorta. This lady's stuff is amazing so be sure to check out her shop!
 
 
Well, that is all for now, folks. I hope you all had a very Irish-y St. Patrick's Day! Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please don't be shy, comments make my day special and I'm always excited when I get one :) I try to reply to each and every one of my comments as soon as I can, so please, let me know you're there! You guys are important to me!