Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Week Before St. Paddy's Day - Day 6 - Irish Breakfast and Celtic Knots

Hi there!

Here is what should have been posted on Sunday :P I suck at daily posts.

March 15th, 2015

The Outfit:




Blue Celtic Knot Shirt - Maurices
Black Lacey Cami - Maurices
Infinity Scarf - Target - Gift
Black Skirt - Thrifted
Black Leggings - Peebles
Black Boots - Kohls
Claddagh Necklace - French Revolution Re-enactment

This is what I wore to Mass.
 
The back of this shirt and I have a love/hate relationship...I love the lacey look, but I hate having to wear a cami underneath this shirt because I get overheated in it during the summer. I don't normally go for open back/see through shirts, but I LOVE this one.

My aunt gave me this scarf and I love the colors! So spring-y and bright :) 

I kept having to remind myself not to lean fully against the tree because the last time I did that, I picked up some lovely, sticky sap on my shirt :P

The Food:

If you've never had an Irish breakfast before, you must try it. They're amazing. They usually include, sausage, rasher (ham-like bacon, which I did not have), toast or some sort of pancake, sunny side up eggs, half a tomato, mushrooms, white and black pudding, and tea. We left out the mushrooms and pudding 'cause we're not big fans of either.


The Craft:

So I started with this old stool that Robert's mom gave us. Robert sanded it for me first, before I started painting it with some of his old room paint.



Here it is with the first coat of paint...


After the second coat was dry, the next step was to paint a Celtic knot on top. I wanted to make my own stencil by printing the design, but my printer couldn't print it to the size I needed, so I ended up having to paint it by hand. I think it turned out well :)


I'm quite proud of it.


Feel free to join in The Week Before St. Paddy's Day Party! Share your Irish outfit, food, and craft the week leading up to St. Patrick's Day. Link up by sharing your link in a comment on one of these posts :) If you can only do one day, that's great too!

Cheers!

~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please don't be shy, comments make my day special and I'm always excited when I get one :) I try to reply to each and every one of my comments as soon as I can, so please, let me know you're there! You guys are important to me!